Saturday, January 26, 2013

Australia Day Mani!!!

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!

And to celebrate this great day i decided to do my nails...surprise surprise!!!
and what better way than to do a flag inspired mani!


I used Revlon Royal for my flag base...the perfect colour! 2 coats ,with odf course a base coat! then i painted my flag with Ulta3 lily white and my konad red polish. then i added a little bit of ruby pumps onto the red for some sparkle. for the other nails i stuck on some holo stars, then painted over it with China Glaze shooting stars.
all topped of with 2 coats of seche vite.

Im pretty sure everyone is doing flag manis but i do not care i just love it!


do not forget i have an australia day giveaway happening on the previous post. and also a futurama polish giveaway on the post before that!
so do not forget to enter both to witn some neat polish!!!

and lastly id like to leave you with a pic of a very special man. if it was not for this man...., i would have never had been here.
His name was Thomas Acres, and he is my great,great,great,great,great,great grandfather. Thomas Acres at the age of 16 was on the first fleet in the charlotte.
he was sentenced to hang but ended up getting 8 years transportation on the first fleet.
i am so proud that one of my ancestors helped founded such a great country.

Tara :)

5 comments:

  1. These look great. I totally agree about flag manis, I just can't help myself on Australia Day, I am compelled to wear a flag mani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so cool Tara, my ancestor was on the Charlotte too. He was the boatswain, George Lavender. Lavender Bay was named after him, after he served on the Phoenix.
    I did a flag too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love the color combos and design. It is done nicely and neatly. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My great,great,great,great,great,great grandfather was Thomas Acres as well, on my grandmother's side!

    ReplyDelete

share the love!