Sunday, May 4, 2014

Celestial Cosmetics holographic swatches part 2



Hi there everyone! Today I have part 2 of my 3 days of Celestial Cosmetics. Again these posts are picture heavy cause the polish is so super pretty!!!!!!

All swatches used Blue Moon Base coat and Solar Ray Top Coat both available at Celestial cosmetics also.

CallistoFormally known as Blitzens Bugie Smuggler Is a deep purple burgundy holographic polish. Now first up....why has the name changed?? well Callisto use to be one of the holos in Celestial Cosmetics Christmas collection. And due to popular demand Celestial Cosmetics decided to keep some of the collection from xmas 2013 in her core range but needed to change the name accordingly. So BBS became Callisto. 
The Burgundy polish is absolutely stunning on. Why on earth I had not tried it before...well I need to slap myself! I am seriously considering getting a second back up bottle for this beauty. I would hate for it to get zipped. My one has the xmas label on it too as I brought it at christmas along with a couple of others from the christmas collection. So it only seems fitting that I have the Callisto labeled bottle too......well...ill keep telling my self that.........;) You can see in a few of my pics just how holographic this polish really is! I would like to add with all my pictures the only thing I adjust is the levels to remove shadowing, I watermark and crop. and I do occasionally adjust the colour cast on some of the shade shots as they tend to go a bit funny and not truly represent the polish. I say this now as the second pic here was questioned on how accurate it was the other day. and believe me! the polish is THAT HOLO!!!!! 

sun

sun

sun

sun

sun



shade

 Another question that has been asked quite a bit is does Callisto look the same as Lilypad Lacquers True blood the original version.  Over the past 12 months Lilypad lacquer had brought out a polish called true blood. Everyone went mad over it, then it was deleted I think for what ever reason.When it was re released it was not the same, since then I think 3 other versions have been released. I actually have the original version of True blood and decided to to a swatch comparison. This version of True Blood can sell in blog sales for up to $50 easy so its great to check out if something is similar and can satisfy your need for this vampy colour! 
As you can see in the swatches, true blood is a darker colour burgundy and not as holographic as Callisto. I used 3 coats for all swatches with this, and I chose not to put on any top coat. They are quite different in my opinion but if you are after something similar to Lilypads True Blood I reckon you have found a winner. Plus is is a lot cheaper than forking out up to $50 on a blog sale.



sun

sun

shade

Celestial Sphere- Is a purple polish full of purple glitters in a purple jelly base There are many sizes of purple glitters and different shades of purple too. I love how with 3 coats I had opacity with this polish. You can really see the sparkle in the shade shots and the complexity of the glitter combo.



sun

shade


Nebula- Is a pinky purple holographic polish. In the shade the polish really takes on a purple hue but in the sun Nebula can almost look completely magenta. Even in the bottle shot it looks really purple. It was a nice surprise. Again the flame with this holographic polish is amazing. in full sun it just shines so bright!!! I used 3 coats for this polish. 


sun

sun

sun



shade


So there you have it! 3 more amazing polishes from Celestial Cosmetics. I think Nicki really out did her self. I will be sharing the final 4 I have with everyone in the next few days, so don't forget to subscribe to Loki's lacquer. 


You can purchase Celestial Cosmetics HERE The polish prices vary depending if you purchase glitter or holographic polish. Prices start from $9.50. You can also purchase Celestial Cosmetics from a variety of international stockists. you can check them out HERE Make sure you check out Celestial Cosmetics Facebook Page for offers and what is new in store.

Until next time........
post signature

2 comments:

share the love!