Friday, October 24, 2014

Sally Hansen Complete salon spring colour collection swatches




Hi there everyone!!!I have the me Sally Hansen Salon manicure collection to share with you today. The new spring colour collection is a range of 6 pretty creme polishes and one glitter polish.
I have to say I was very impressed with the colour choices for this collection. It really feels like spring and not a red polish in sight!

OK so the formula..... it varies from polish to polish but in general the formula was great. I will comment on it with each colour. For all the polishes I used Sally Hansen Big Shiny Top Coat.

Let's check them out shall we??

Almost Almond-  Is a sheer pale creme shimmer polish. The polish is almost peach in colour and has a frosted effect when worn. I used 4 coats for the swatches and I could still see a visible nail line. This polish is perfect if you just want a subtle shimmer on your nails. A very work appropriate colour.


sun

shade

Peach of cake- Is a beautiful peach/orange colour. The polish is very opaque and only took 2 coats for full coverage on the nail. This colour also stamped really well. I used it in another mani later on in this post.


sun

shade


Sheer Ecstasy- Is a really pale shade of pink. The colour is almost white. Like SH Almost almond needs many coats for opacity. I used 4 coats and I still have a VNL. once again very work appropriate.

sun

shade

Pink a card- Is a pale pink creme which is opaque in 3 coats. The colour also stamped quite well due to its opacity so I was very impressed considering on how pale the colour actually is.
I created some nail art over sheer ecstasy with some nail stamping and a fuzzy unicorn vinyl.

sun

shade

pink a card with holo nail studs

nail stamping with pink a card over sheer ecstasy 

nail stamping with pink a card over sheer ecstasy and snow globe accent nail

Barracuda- Is a very pale blue creme. The colour is stunning and on top of that it is very pigmented so I only needed 2 coats for full opacity. The cool colour of the polish made a perfect background for some stamping with SH water colour. such an awesome combo.

sun

shade

nail stamping with SH water color

Water color- This was my favourite colour of the collection. I'm a sucker for blue at the best of times and this polish did not disappoint! The polish was almost a one coater it was so opaque! It also stamped fantastically as you have seen in the previous mani. An awesome polish all round!!!!!


sun

shade

stamping with SH Peach of cake

Snow Globe- Is an amazing glitter mix of iridescent glitters. there is blue/green and orange/gold iridescent glitters. I found I only needed one coat of the glitter polish for a great coverage. 
I also found that the glitters looks great over different polish colours.

sun. over SH peach of cake

Shade. over SH Peach of cake

Sun. over black polish

Shade. SH over black polish.

The whole collection is great.  I liked the variety of colours in the collection and the fact that 1/2 of the colours stamped with ease. Also I love the glitter polish as it is very versatile.
The new collection from Sally Hansen is available from most chemists, Priceline, and Target.
They retail for $14.95 each.

Until next time........ 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

share the love!