Sunday, June 22, 2014

Dead Set Babes Below The Surface Collection


Hi there everyone, today I have to share with you Dead Set Babes NEW Below the Surface holographic Collection! This is all about the ocean and every polish is stunning!


She-Horse- Is a pale mint coloured holographic polish. It is opaque in 2-3 thin coats and has a super holo flame in it. I love this colour and that it is subtle but also super holo so it can be worn in the day but at night the colour is still super pretty. Even in the shade you can see a slight holo effect which is awesome!

sun

sun

shade


Mermaid Scales- Is a stunning teal holographic polish It is opaque in 2 coats and has an amazing flame! It really does remind me of mermaids, it is simply stunning!!!!!!! Plus it does stamp well over darker colours too!!!!! 

sun

sun


shade


Coral Reef- is a pale peachy pink colour that in some lights looks almost a pale rust colour. This would be a great addition for your work appropriate polishes. It is not to in your face bright but at the same time in the sun it's like BAM! HOLO!!!! This polish is a little sheer so it took me almost 4 coats for opacity tho if you layered it over another pale colour I would say 2 coats would be enough. you will need a top coat for this one tho as I found it did take quite a while to dry (10 min). Maybe it was cause I used so many coats and i'm impatient? but this was the only one that took a while to dry.

sun

sun

shade


Fanta-sea Land- Is a pale lilac holo polish which leans to the blue end of the lilacs almost periwinkle. When I first saw this pretty I thought it may be a little like OPI DS Original, but it is on the blue side not pink. which is great as I now have another holo which is different to all the others I own!! I really loved this colour plus it was only 2 coats for opacity!!!!  


sun
sun


shade


Underwater Wonderland- Is the most AMAZING cobolt blue polish. It was to say the least super hard to photograph, and when the sun decided to show itself I'm going to re swatch and update these pics, but for now this was the best I could get. The polish is almost a one coater but I used 2 coats for these swatches. It is a subtle holo but the colour totally makes up for it. and if it was any more holo honestly the colour would have greyed out a little and it just would not be as awesome!!! but take my word for it this polish is stunning (but a bitch to photograph) Also.... It great for stamping!!! which you will see later in some nail art I created!


sun

sun

shade

Flippin Out- is a grey holographic polish which has a slight blue hue to it. It is funny but when I think of grey holos I think deep charcoal grey or spectraflair in a bottle. This polish is neither. It is a mid grey and from the 10 or so different grey holos I own none of them look like this. I will have to do a holo showdown soon I think as I own over 100 holos and I'm pretty sure none of them are the same! I used 3 coats for opacity with this polish. 


sun

sun

shade


Below the Surface collection is available today (22/6/14) from DEAD SET BABES The polishes will be retailing for $11.95 each. 
Until the 30th June Dead Set Babes will be having $5 shipping worldwide for all orders over $30!!! so make sure you order!!!!!


Until next time............
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful swatches! I don't think I'll ever get tired of holo polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mermaid scales is so pretty. Love that teal color and holo effect. Overall, great swatches.

    ReplyDelete

share the love!