Thursday, June 12, 2014

OPI Sheer Tints Collection



Hi There everyone! Today I have the OPI Sheer Tints Collection which was recently released here in Australia. There are 4 colours in the collection, blue,yellow,pink and purple. You can see them above. I was not sure what I was going to do with these polishes when I received them as the pics I had seen were all wishy washy and swatched over a basic nail, to be honest the yellow looked like tobacco stains. But one I received them I could see a world of possibilities with these polishes. 
Today I will show you the four colours over a white polish base, and I will do a follow up post with some nail art using these sheer tints. All the pics you see today are a white polish base then the sheer tints have been used 2 coats and a clear top coat. Also it is noteworthy that the polish in this collection is very thick and stringy. This is not an issue when doing basic nails but with nail art you may need a few drops of nail polish thinner(NOT polish remover) to thin them out a little.

I Can Teal You Like Me- Is a pale blue jelly finish polish. The colour was great and a good shade. it is also well worth adding that this particular colour layered well to get a good variation of colour depending on how many coats you do.


sun

shade


I'm Never Amberrassed- Is a pale honey coloured yellow jelly polish. This was my least favourite in the bottle but on the nail it is quite pretty. You can layer it with the blue sheer tint to make green as well.

sun

shade

Be Magentale With Me- Is a pink jelly. This one is actually darker that you would expect once on the nail. You can mix this with the blue to get a purple colour but it is similar to the purple sheer tint so not really worth it. Cute colour tho!


sun

shade

Don't Violet me Down- Is my fav from the 4 colours. A very pretty violet colour which layers really well and  even over other colours to change their appearance. I will use this colour I think the most!


sun

shade

All 4 of these colours are now available from MYER and David Jones. They retails for $19.95 and you can also pick up mini sets of them as well.

I will be creating some nail art with them in a later post so stay tuned to check out the great ways you can use them!!!!

Until next time.......

post signature
* All products were provided to me for review. For more information please read my disclosure policy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinkig about getting the small bottles as I love the look of the "leadlighting" technique, so pretty.
    OTOH I never wear white and only own a few light polishes- do you think the formula is too thick for pond manis? (my fave use of sheers).

    ReplyDelete

share the love!