Friday, April 13, 2012

Dollish Polish Expecto Patronum swatch with a Chi Chi matte top coat..

Right! so i thought i would do a swatch today of Dollish Polish Expectro Patronum. But first things first.... i had to do my food shopping. and you would never believe it!....after my huge haul yesterday i managed to come home with another 5 nail polishes!!!!! SHHHHHHH!!! don't tell my hubby! ;)
Anyway while i was buying them i came across a great special for us aussies. Terry White chemists are getting rid of their Nicole by OPI range and they have them all at 1/2 price!!! yep $7.49 a polish!!! so i brought 2 i was after. Also while i was there they had a special on Ultra 3 polishes. buy 3 and get a free bottle of nail polish remover!!! Great offers! on top of that i went into priceline and they have $3.00 off all sally hansen products so i got Xtreme polish for $3.95 and the new gems for $6.95. yeah!........now can you see why i brought more polish today!!!

lastly i really wanted a matte top coat. i went into myer and they have 25% off Essie and buy one get one 50% off with Chi Chi so i got a bottle of chi chi matte top coat which i will review today.

Ok now i am sure none of you are reading on....you have all grabbed your car keys and heading off to your local shops!!! but i will keep going!

Dollish Polish Expecto Patronum. This was a colour i was not 100% sure about buying but my daughter Zoe ,who i might add is a big Harry Potter fan ,wanted me to get this polish.
And boy i am so glad i did!
I used my usual base coat of sally hansen base coat then did 3 coats of the polish.


I also used my CG fast forward top coat.

so i wanted to try out the new Chi chi matte top coat. i popped on 1 coat on top of my polish. here are the results.



I was not really happy with this product. with 1 coat it was streaky , kind of like a crackle effect. i think it may be the brush quality. then sure it looks matte but it did change the colour of my polish, and after i had washed my hands it was getting a satin kind of look to it. and it also had a really weird feel to it on my nail.
For a short term fix it is an ok product. but for$12.95.....i could have brought the essie one for $17.00

Tara :)





1 comment:

  1. I see I have some shopping to do tomorrrow! Good bargains. Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete

share the love!