Saturday, January 10, 2015

Emily de Molly Insipid Swatches and a Base for Todays 31 Day Challenge




Hi there everyone!!!!
Todays another day with the 31 day challenge I'm doing.


So I thought I would share a bunch of pictures I took of a new Emily de Molly  polish I brought the other day.

Insipid- is one of the new multichrome flakie polishes. It is a combo of many different colours which create this amazing effect. To put it how my 13 yr old Zoe described it...It is like someone putting dragon scales into a polish bottle. Yep I reckon she's right!!!!

The polish is amazing. To get an even effect for this one, I popped on my nails Lokis nail aprons first as not to make too much of a mess, then applied the polish onto a sponge as I would a gradient. then gently tapped it onto my nails. I did this 3 times so I suppose 3 coats?? So by donig this you get an even coverage of flakies from the polish and not too much base.
This technique is great for most glitter polishes. I saw this over at More Nail Polish for the first time and now am using it all the time!!!

Lest check out the swatches. Some are in artificial light and some are out side in overcast weather. I find this the best weather to get multi chromes to really show off their colours. 

overcast outside

overcast outside

overcast outside

overcast outside

artificial light

artificial light

artificial light


Just stunning!!!!

and as the challenge was glitter base what better way than to use this bad boy with the challenge!!

so I grabbed my Emily de Molly plate number 2 and stamped using Celestial Cosmetics stamping polish Pitch. I love the end result! plus to add a special finish I used Pretty Serious Cosmetics Aqua top coat to get that amazing glassy finish.





I think I am in love........


do not forget to check out everyone elses glitter base manis today and make sure you head on over to  Emily de Molly  website to pick up this beauty!!! its only $11.00 a bottle which i think is really reasonable!

Until next time....
post signature




No comments:

Post a Comment

share the love!