Sunday, January 18, 2015

Recreate a Mani by a Blogger Challenge.




Hi there everyone!
So another catch up post. This was for day 17...yesterday. The challenge was to replicate another bloggers manicure. So I chose a recent mani by @ohmygoshpolish  She did a rainbo neon french tip mani the other day and I thought it was super pretty. Plus I had the polishes she used by Pipe Dream Polish, so I figured why not?!

Here is a pic of her mani.

credit to- @ohmygoshpolish 

I grabbed the A night in Vegas cremes that were used for this mani and replicated it as best I could. It was actually an interesting experience as no matter how many coats of the neons I could not get the intensity the same as the pic I was referencing to. I used a white base and sponged with the same type of make up sponges. I have come to the conclusion that the image that is above has had the saturation dialed up or a filter used, it has to be the only explanation.
Anyways here is my attempt of the same mani.



As you can see they are still quite bright but this is 3 coats of the polish over white base. and I did dial up the saturation a little to get a similar effect to the pic I was recreating. 

Make sure you check out everyone else's mani's in the challenge

Until next time.....
post signature




No comments:

Post a Comment

share the love!