Saturday, March 22, 2014

OPI Brazil Collection Part 2

Hi there everyone! today is part 2 of the OPI brazil collection. If you missed out on part one you can find it HERE.
To remind everyone of the collection here is a quick picture of them. 



All these polishes have a great formula for cremes. the only one I had a little issue with was the duochrome Next stop...Bikini zone, which took a fair few coats. but i'll talk about that in the specific post tomorrow.
Today I will be sharing with you the top row of reds and oranges and tomorrow the browns and beige's.

Red Hot Rio- So on first look at this polish it reminded me of something I had seen not too long ago. then it hit me! This polish looks exactly like OPI Over and over a Gwen from OPI Gwen Stefani collection., which was the signature polish. I did a comparison swatch with it for you to see, but lets look at Red Hot Rio. This is a tomato coloured red on the orange/yellow side rather than the blue side of the hue. I really liked the colour and the formula was great. 2 coats for opaqueness. 




In sun

In shade
So the comparison pic, you can see that there is not much in it. In the sun you could hardly tell the difference in the colours but in the shade there was a slight difference. Personally I would perchase both as I love the box with OPI Over and over a Gwen but I also like the slight variance in colour with Red Hot Rio. but they are close enough I think not to own both if you do not need too. One extra point tho, OPI Over and over a Gwen is almost a one coater while OPI Red hot Rio formula was a little thinner.



Live Love Carnaval- A pretty coral creme and opaque in 2 coats no issues. the formula was great and I just loved the colour! it was bright and cheerful. I cannot wait to use this polish in nail art!




In Sun

In Shade

Toucan do it if you try- This is a coral/peach colour which is slightly lighter than OPI Live Love Carnaval. I think this shade along with a couple of the other in the Brazil collection will make a great skittle manicure. they are all slightly different and are lighter shades of them selves so lean toward those type of manis. The formula like the others was great and again only 2 coats to get full opacity.



In sun

In shade

Kiss me i'm brazillian-  Is what I would call a bright barbie pink. It is certainly an "in your face" pink!! The formula was great almost a 1 coater. I did 2 for the swatches below. This is a classic colour and i'm sure there are others similar out there but  this one will stay in my collection for sure!!!



In sun

In shade

Where did Suzi's man-go?-  So you need your sunglasses out for this baby! woah! this polish is so bright!!! and I LOVE IT!!!! I really wish OPI did more bright colours. in the past a lot of their "neons"were not really bright but this is super bright! and the camera did not like it at all! so the pics are not as bright as it is IRL. The formula was awesome as the others and only 2 coats were needed.




In sun

In shade

So this is the bright polishes shared. Tomorrow I will be showing you the browns and beige's that come in the collection. 
You can purchase this collection currently in MYER or David Jones. they retail for $19.95.

Until next time......
post signature
*These polishes were provided for me to review.Please see my Disclosure Policy for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share the love!