Sunday, March 23, 2014

Gelicious gel polish - Sleep till noon and After Glow




hi there everyone!
Today I have to share 2 gel polishes from Gelicious. This is an Australian brand of Gel system which I am proud to say was the first gel brand I ever brought. I love the fact that the lamp is a UV/LED lamp so I can cure pretty much anything! All the Gelicious polishes have a cure time of either 1 min or 30 secs depending on the formula you have. The are indicated on the bottle if they are the 30 sec formula. 
Ok so lets look at the 2 swatches. 

Sleep Till Noon- So this is your classic black gel. It takes 3 very thin coats to get an opaque look and I have the emphasize thin coats. Till noon is a little tricky to use. I found that although you get an awesome pure black that is super shiny if you do not do really thin coats the gel tends to slide to the sides and flood your cuticles when curing. I had this issue a few times before I got the knack of using really thing coats, so don't tempt to take a short cut with this colour and place the gel on normally. The thin 3 coats will make all the difference.
The other issue I had with this colour was the sides on my nail and tip did not cure correctly. You can see this in my pics. I recommend to maybe add a few more seconds to your curing time with this one just to make sure, but do not go over a few secs, because this gel has a tendency to wrinkle if you over cure.
The bottle I have in the pic is gelicious's old formula which takes 1 minute to cure, their new colours only take 30 secs, when you purchase them you will see this on the bottle. I'm hoping to get a new version of this colour to see how the formula compares. As the other newer versions that cure in 30 sec seem to have a different formula which is a much nicer consistancy and cures a lot more even. Stay tuned :) 
The one thing I love with this black gel is the fact that I can use it for "permanent " undies when swatching duochrome polish. When swatching thin duochrome polish you need a black base, and instead of taking off and on black and the duochrome colour, I just put on Sleep till noon with a gel top coat and then paint my duochrome polish straight on top. Easy as!! then when I remove the duochrome polish (with non acetone remover) I have the black base ready for my next swatch!



In sun

In shade

After Glow-  So this is a silver foil gel polish. Do not be deceived by the teardrop image that Gelicious has on their bottles. I was. I honestly thought I was buying a gold/silver glitter gel. but when I received it I found it to be a silver foil gel. To be fair I am happy with what I got as I use this gel ALL the time for nail art and base for gradients. This is one of the reasons I am putting together a collection of gel swatches, there are not many out there and if you can see the gel in real life, read about the formula etc, it will make you choice a more informed one. 
 After glow is opaque with 2 thin coats. The formula is thick and opaque enough to use with gel nail art and gradients. After Glow is super shiny and can be worn just by itself or with a gel glitter on top. The bottle I have is the old formula and takes 1 minute to cure. The new formula only takes 30 sec to cure and again I would love to compare them at a later date. If you are looking for a silver foil so far this is the best one I have found.



In sun

In shade


Dappled light 
So there you have it. Two swatches of Gelicious colours. Make sure you subscribe to get all the swatches I will be adding to my blog.

You can purchase Gelicious from their website HERE. they regularly have offers on the gels and lamp starter packs. you can pick up a starter pack for as little as $119.00 with 2 gel polishes and a mini lamp. THey also have an offer ATM of buy 3 gel polishes get one free. The gel polishes range in price from $29.00 to $49.00 depending on what offers they have at the time of purchase.

Until next time..........
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

share the love!