Friday, March 28, 2014

Sally Hansen Salon Gel polish- Jaded and Karat Cake


Hi there everyone!!
I have 2 more swatches for you from the new Sally Hansen Salon Gel polish collection. The Gel polishes are an LED formulated gel polish and cure in only 30 secs. The bottles are a little smaller than Sally Hansens regular polish and are only 7mls. 


Lets get straight to it!

Jaded- This is a beautiful pale minty green gel polish. It is pretty much the same shade as Jaded in the Salon complete manicure version. The gel was very sheer so I needed to build up 5 cured layers to get opaqueness, tho they were thin coats as the gel cures better when applied thinly.After the 5 coats I used one coat of clear gel top coat to finish it off. I will wear this again for sure but I do not think it will be a good colour for nail art due to its sheerness.But you could use it for undies with nail art.


In sun

In shade

In sun

dappled light


Karat Cake- I am super glad I purchased this colour. The box honestly was not that appealing.It just looked like a plain gold micro glitter which I have in other brands, but I thought i'd give it a go anyway.
When I put the polish on OMG!!! this gel is very complex. depending on what you layer it with the gel looks totally different. There is gold glitter in 2 sizes then a ...what I can only describe as a coppery glass flake in it too, so you cannot really see it much on light colours but on dark colours it is really stunning!!! I will let the pics speak for themselves!!! All swatches are 1 coat over the base colour written in the caption.


In sun over Sally hansen Jaded

In shade over Sally Hansen Jaded

In dappled light over Sally Hansen Jaded

In sun over Sally Hansen Jaded

In dappled light over Gelicious sleep till noon

In shade over Gelicious sleep till noon

In shade over Gelicious sleep till noon

In sun over Gelicious sleep till noon

In shade over Gelicious sleep till noon
How stunning is Karat Cake over black!!!

You can purchase Sally Hansen Salon Gel polish at PRICELINE and they retail for $19.95 a bottle and if you are after a starter kit they retail for under $100 depending if Priceline have an offers on.

Until next time....
post signature
* These polishes were purchased by myself to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share the love!