Friday, January 24, 2014

Aussie nails week- red back spider mani.


Hi there everyone,
So today is a mani which is cute but a bit creepy especially if you do not like spiders......
Red backs are a spider here in oz, they are kind of like the black widow or america but they have a big ass red stripe on their butts. Their bite can kill a child, but would make a adult very sick.


image sorce
http://www.deadlyaustralians.com/da_redback.htm
They are little buggers which make their webs everywhere and seem to like getting where they are not suppose too! ive seen on many occasion one under a chair I need to sit on etc. And we are always finding them in our garden.

So I created some nail art with several stamping plates and Ulta3 polish and a little glitter.


I painted my nails with Ulta3 Allure then stamps with mash plate 53 to create the woodgrain effect with Ulta3 Chinchily, then with mash plate 38 and Messy mansion plate MM11 i stamped the spiders in Ulta3 lily black, then popped the red on them with Ulta3 sizzling red striper polish. Lastly I added a little bit of gliter to the wet red polish and popped a top coat on.

Creepy but cute!!!
You can purchase Ulta 3 at your local chemist, and online at The Heat Group. My stamp plates i got from MASH nails and the MM11 plate from Messy Mansion.

Do not forget to check out everyone elses awesome nails for this week below....

Until next time......
post signature



2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Reminds me when a co-student stomped on a red back (ages ago I spent 7 months in Australia for my Master's). Let's just say a platoon of ants took care of the remains ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mani Tara. That is a big sucker in that photo. Redbacks are everywhere here, but at least my kids know to recognise them and tell me if they see one.

    ReplyDelete

share the love!